Short e-learning videos can be created using animated GIF images but unlike real video formats the playback speed cannot be altered or paused.
If you have permission to download the image you can adjust the playback speed using various applications which include Gimp, Photoshop, Camtasia etc.
Alternatively you can upload the GIF to an online tool like EZGIF.com
- upload animated GIF to EZGIF.com
- enter a percent where 100 is current playback speed. To make playback take twice as long enter 50. To make playback 2 times faster enter value of 200
- click the button Change speed!
- the page then renders the adjusted image within the Output image section for you to access playback and re-adjust speed if necessary
- after completion press the save icon to download the output image to your local device